January 2024: Changes to Curt’s
Exciting changes happening at Curt’s Café!
Dear Valued Curt’s Café Community,
As we bid farewell to 2023, we reflect on the incredible journey we’ve had under the guidance of our past Executive Director, Malik Kemokai. His leadership has propelled Curt’s Café from a Founder-run organization to a sustainable force for positive change.
Looking ahead to 2024, we are embarking on a transformative journey under the leadership of our recently appointed Interim Executive Director, Tanya Jenkins.
We want you, our cherished customers, to be part of this exciting chapter. Throughout January, we will be focusing on five key areas:
- Revisioning and refining the Cafés
- Reviewing the needs of our Customers
- Building Partnerships for Students and Staff
- Creating necessary support for our Staff
- Updating Student Curriculum
What does this mean?
While we aim to keep disruptions to a minimum, kindly note that our café operations will undergo some changes.
8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday – Saturday
During this period, we’ll be offering:
- FREE serve-yourself coffee and tea.
- A selection of freshly baked scones, muffins, and cookies each day, with a suggested donation.
- An invitation to bring your own food, as our kitchens will be closed.
While our kitchens are undergoing exciting changes, we encourage you to make use of the space to meet with friends or colleagues.
In addition, we’ll be showcasing our vision and work on poster boards, detailing what you can look forward to when we reopen or shortly after.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to:
- Maintain your routine.
- Enjoy our space.
- Meet our Students and new Staff members.
- Learn about their aspirations and contributions.
- Share your hopes for the new year with us.
Your continued support has been instrumental in our success, and we are grateful for it. If you have any questions or thoughts, please reach out to Tanya Jenkins at [email protected]
Thank you for being part of the Curt’s Café family, and we can’t wait to share the exciting developments with you soon!